I hardly every pray or go to church. And after seeing the video of your story, I was really moved. I almost cried. I used to cut myself and i was just sad all the time. But now i want to change and i dont know where to start… HELP ME!?
Thank you so much for sharing about your cutting with me. It takes a lot of courage to share that, and especially to make a change. But I’m SO glad you are.
I know the pain that you’re going through is real… and deep. But you know what else is real? That there is a God who has CREATED you and loves you more than you could ever imagine. More than anyone else ever could.
Maybe you’re wrestling with some of these questions…
- Do you think you’re unlovable? The Bible says, “I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
- Do you think you’re unforgivable? God says, “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins are like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44:22) God even says in Psalm 103:12 that He will remove your mistakes as far as the east is from the west!
- Does a bad past seem to take over? “Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” (Isaiah 43:18-19)
- Does it seem like God is out to “get” you? “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:12)
- Does God seem distant? God says, “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
- Are you afraid God will abandon you? He says, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5) and “He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
YOU are of such great worth. The precious body you are cutting is so expensive, it cost God’s Son His own life! “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (1 Corinth. 6:19-20)
Take your doubts to God. Your frustrations, your insecurities, your questions. He’s been waiting for you to ask them… He’s been waiting for you, His cherished beloved<3
(If you have a Bible, also check out Psalm 139:13-16. And Isaiah 43:1-13, 18-19 & 25)